Sunday, January 26, 2014

10 Favorite Debuts

Obviously I haven't been around long enough to witness everyone debut but it's been over four years so I figure I would list my favorite Korean debuts from January 2010 to January 2014.

**Also, I think I am going to start making more lists like this instead of just recommending songs. I might do that once in awhile but this is kind of more fun**

So, the thing is...it's extremely difficult to impress me, especially with a debut song. I don't know why but I don't suffer from that whole "rookie disease" or anything. So on the rare occasion that a debut does impress me, it really really sticks with me for a long time. All of these that I chose are songs that I still listen to or find dear to my heart. And some of them have become my favorite groups now. So, rather than finding them "catchy" songs or obsessing over the members early on, these are songs that really caught my attention as good songs and groups with potential. Some of them haven't lived up to this expectation but others have only improved since and yeaaah anyway here are what I /think/ my top 10 debuts are!



10. CN Blue - I'm a Loner
Besides the fact that their debut song is still one of my favorite of their songs, their debut performance was impressive and different, and despite the fact that they don't dance, they showed charisma and vocal and instrumental talent. In an industry filled with pop music they were able to become successful as a more rock group. Anyway, this song is a classic now and I really am thankful for their debut.
9. BB Boys - We Will Be OK
A lot of people don't know them at all but I absolutely love their debut album and song; I never get bored of their songs. Even though they don't promote anymore, I appreciate them a lot for their past songs. They really caught my attention with their album.

8. History - Dreamer
When History debuted, there were a lot of groups debuting and it was getting repetitive, but their debut song was different and incredibly impressive. I love their harmonization and the interesting concept of their music. I hope to see them do more in this style in the future.
7. NU'Est - Face
I think anyone could agree that NU'Est's best era was Face... Honestly they haven't really impressed me since, but I absolutely love this song and its message.

6. Miss A - Bad Girl Good Girl
Most people would place this #1 on lists of debuts, and while it isn't for me, I still think Miss A's debut was one of the best of all time. They haven't lived up to its standards but the dance, the song, the live performance...everything about their debut was golden.

5. EXID - Whoz That Girl
I was really sad when EXID broke up, but now that three members are in Bestie it's not so bad I suppose. Anyway this song really spoke to me for some reason, and I think it's great that they could be so good without going for an overly cutesy or overly sexy image. They found the right balance and they're very impressive vocally. Great song.

4. B1a4 - OK
This song means a lot to me. B1a4 was the first group that I followed since debut and kept up to date about for a very long time. Their debut caught my eye because it was different but good and the song is happy and catchy and just fun. I really love OK and feel like its still one of the best debut songs ever. No one really gave them credit for it but I'm glad that now they are earning their fair share of recognition with Lonely.

3. BTOB - Insane
I know I know what you are thinking. Btob isn't #1? Well honestly, Number 1 through Number 4 are all kind of the same level for me in terms of how much I appreciate them. I hadn't heard anything about btob's debut until I saw the video on my Youtube homepage, and I watched and I fell in love with the song. They impressed me instantly, which is why I think they are so dear to my heart now. They are, along with VIXX and Boyfriend, the only group that I love every single song, and along with VIXX the only group that I really feel a true connection to the members. I love Btob sooo much now and I think it is all thanks to their debut. Now Lee Changsub is my ultimate bias even. omg sobs T T

2. AA - Because I'm Crazy
I loved this song when it came out, and it doesn't have as much of a personal connection to me than Insane does but I think this song is stronger and impressive and different. I don't know why AA isn't more popular. I love them dearly and all of their songs are amazing but this is their best, in my opinion. Great performance, so much sass, and great song!

1. VIXX - Super Hero
For me, this is one of my favorite songs of all time. I can't explain the connection I have to it, nor do I really want to talk about it but VIXX's debut was my favorite of all time. I love them to death now, but nothing compares to the first time I watched the Super Hero music video. I think VIXX will always be in my heart and it's this song that started it all. I was a little late to getting into them for real, which is why btob is my #1 group above them, but their debut song beats all others for me.

Anyway, that's that.
You might disagree but hey this is just one opinion? What are your favorite debuts? Comment~~~
No one reads these posts but if you do!!! i wanna know.

I was going to add C-Real's No No No, EvoL's We are a bit different, Bangtan's No More Dream, Infinite's Come Back Again, Cross Gene's La Di Da Di, and Block B's Freeze but the ones I chose are more notable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment