Sunday, January 19, 2014

Girl Group Songs

Update: It has been a very, very long time since I have blogged because my laptop has been broken, but now it is fixed so hopefully I can update more often. I'm back in school though, so it won't be as frequent as I like. I thought instead of writing a post about what's gone on in my life lately I would make a music post since those are more fun and interesting.

Lately, I have been going through a "girl group stage" and I've been listening to a lot of these songs lately. I list a lot on here, purely because these are all of the ones that I have been listening to repetitively lately, despite the fact that they have been released at different times or whatever. I really, really like all of these songs so take a listen!


짝 1호 (Soulmate No. 1) - Five Dolls
I'll never understand how these girls sing that high. Anyway this song is great and catchy and just a really fun and different style of song. Great!

We Don't Stop - Fiestar
I don't honestly like Fiestar that much but this song I couldn't help but like, no matter how hard I tried not to. That's kind of a trend with a lot of these girl group songs to be honest. This song is catchy and addictive and even though the beginning is annoying as hell I have come to really like it for some reason. This is like my /JAM/ in the car I swear. Anyway, good song, very interesting and pretty. I love love love the chorus and their voices are really actually very good.

I Like That & Party (XXO) - Glam
When XXO came out, I found it really annoying and stupid, but for some reason I really like it now. I think it's catchy and I've come to terms with their style. When I Like That came out I was immediately impressed by it; that song is sooo good and the music video is really interesting and unique. I love it, the dance, the melodic surprises and all of it. Anyway these two songs are both really good in my opinion.

예뻐 예뻐 (Pretty Pretty) & Hate You - Ladie's Code
At first, I honestly really, really hated both of these songs. Pretty Pretty I found to be annoying, but it's annoying in a really catchy way, and I honestly find it pleasing to listen to now. I think Ladie's Code have amazing vocals, and Pretty Pretty shows them off well. It's one of those songs that you find yourself singing to yourself. Everyone I've talked to loves this song and finds it annoyingly addictive. You can tell in the line in the chorus "예뻐예뻐, 머리부터 발끗까지" that the singer is really talented. As for Hate You, I thought it was also kind of annoying but now it's soo addictive. It reminds me of Lee Hi's "Rose" a lot, but I don't think that fact detracts from the song at all.

연애의 조건 (Love Options) - Bestie
I find this song hilarious. I look at it as a criticism of girls' picky attitude when considering dates, and thinking they are too good for everyone. Honestly I believe it to be satirical, because it kind of plays on the fact that females have all these qualifications and then still ask "Why am I single?" I'm not offended by it either, because it's sooo true. Anyway, the song is besides very catchy and I love it!


Singing Got Better - Ailee
Ailee always releases extremely powerful songs with great melodies and this is no exception. Out of all the female soloists out there, I personally think she has been the least disappointing from the debut song until now. She's very consistent, and consistently good.

In the Night Sky - After School Red
Ok, I'm aware that this song is from awhile ago, but it's still gold. I think the video concept is original, the dance suits the song, and even today the song is still catchy and interesting to me, so I find myself still listening to it.

Something - Girl's Day
This song is great because it got Girl's Day a first win!!!! I'm so proud of them. I think this song is melodically irresistible; even if you don't want to like it you'll find yourself to, and Minah's vocals are really really impressive. The dance is seductive but not in a trashy way and I absolutely love all of them. So glad they are doing well.

물 좋아? (Is it Poppin') - 4minute
This is my favorite girl group song of 2013 and might be of all time? I absolutely love this song. I can't get tired of it and I love the video and the girls. Their style, the dance, etc it's just a really adorable and good song and I love it! I don't think it got enough recognition. I really do think it's a well done song and Cube did a great job of matching the song to their style, even if it isn't something they would normally release.

차 마실래? (Would You Like Some Tea) - Hello Venus
The beginning of this song made me think it would be a really lame love song but honestly this song is just absolutely adorable. I love the concept and the dance and I think their vocals are impressive as well. This song is addictive in a way you wouldn't expect. Great song!

I Got A Boy - Girl's Generation
Aside from the fact that SNSD are the most famous girl group of all time, this song has a lot of really impressive musical elements that make it a really catchy, fun song. To be honest, this song is one that I really didn't want to like, because I'm not very interested in the group, but inevitably, I've come to really enjoy the song [especially when VIXX dances to it ㅋㅋㅋ].

Well that's it ^^ Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment