Saturday, June 1, 2013

Today is June 1st, 2013...

...and I am thoroughly worried about my summer.

First of all, being a teenager, the summer is meant to be a time of long nights, days out with friends, excitement, and all that good stuff, which has never really been a super important part of my life but a social life is definitely a necessity. However, where I live, any type of 'hang out' must include spending money. Even if it's just that $4 spent on a smoothie whenever you hang out, that crap adds up after a while. And I can't just say no when friends ask me to do something with them, because one: that'd be rude, and two: I genuinely want to hang out with them. Even if I want to go to, say, the pool, I have to bother my parents enough to let me take a car, and then there's the money for gas. And after you swim all day, it's a given that you go somewhere to eat. So again, money.

There's always the option of getting a job, but that cuts down your summer tremendously, and makes you unavailable to hang out most of the time. Even if I manage to land a job, the money I earn is probably going to be saved for college expenses, since school starts up again in September.

Speaking of which, that brings up another point.
This is my last summer in Katy before I move on to college...so it's a given that I spend as much of it as I can with my high school friends. Right???

But then, being one of those self conscious, low self-esteem individuals, I also want to spend as much time as possible working on my weight and self image. This means more time working out...and even less time for friends or working a job. And then, of course, there's the dieting....which makes hanging out kind of hard because one: there's nothing to do here except eat (I'm serious) and two: being with friends around food is very, very tempting.

Then there are all the goals that everyone sets for themselves at the beginning of summer that never get accomplished and you forget about until the end of summer when it's pretty much too late... For example, this summer I really want to dedicate a couple hours a day to reading books and studying language. Coupled with the time I want to spend teaching myself dances and learning piano, that leaves little time for all the other crap I've previously talked about.

So...as great as it is to finally be in summer season, and have long days to do what I please...I am going to have to seriously prioritize and manage my money.
This brings me to the point of this post... (I promise it wasn't to state blatantly obvious facts about summer)... which is that I have created this blog to keep track of my goals. I am determined to make a change this summer and even if it requires social networking, it's going to happen.

I don't feel like proofreading so sorry for mistakes.

Hanna

P.S. new sports bras and coral nail polish. Totally worth the buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment