Thursday, September 12, 2013

Today is an annoying day

First of all I have nothing against Art History majors and I have nothing against people who like to take pride in what they love but there is a limit for God's sake.

Today in my Art Criticism class we were talking about the ethics of art and how an unethical piece of art is one that evokes an unethical response, and how it can portray something unethical but if what it says about this unethical thing is that it is wrong then the art itself is ethical. So, this one girl feels the need to show off her knowledge of art and starts talking about how one 'unethical' piece of art was still appreciated by her and how it was portraying something horrible but she still thought of it as a beautiful piece of artwork.
And it sounded all smart and all ~*~WOW IMPRESSIVE~*~ but like what she was arguing was that art can be appreciated despite being morally right, which wasn't even what we were talking about.
I was so annoyed because 1. Everyone was impressed with her despite her argument having nothing to do with the topic of discussion and 2. She is still going to think she's right because little assholes like me aren't mean enough to speak up and argue against it.

I guess in a sense I'm annoyed with myself because I tend to say what people want to hear and I'm tired of it? I want to just be able to say my opinion without worrying about offending people because people don't fucking worry about offending me like shiT TODAY I HAVE BEEN OFFENDED MANY TIMES IDK.

ANyway,

I'm just a stupid girl who knows nothing so whatevs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment