Monday, September 23, 2013

Week of Sep 15 Song Rec

I know I'm late and I know I missed a week but things have been hectic~
So I'll do ten this time I guess~ Oooooh I included a lot of my favorites ^^


1. Red - Breathe Into Me
This song is done by a Christian rock band and it got me through some difficult times. I enjoy blasting this at full volume and just kind of meditating. The lyrics are about Christ but I think could be applied to anything or anyone you want them to so for that reason I find it an extremely powerful song. I usually don't like really loud songs or screaming in music but in this one I appreciate it because it doesn't feel like I'm being yelled at but rather that all of the things that are troubling me are just being released in song. The lyrics are incredibly applicable to my life and how I feel a lot of the time so it is one of those songs I go back to when I need it! I feel like it is a very honest song and I love it. Especially the line, "And this is how it hurts when I pretend I don't feel any pain." I think this describes a feeling that everyone has at one point in their life and I absolutely love the way RED portrays it in a song.


2. Super Junior - Why I Like You
I'm not a huge suju fan but I love this song because it feels very real in the sense that the lyrics fit the feeling of the song and the way they sing it. I wish they did more songs like this because I prefer this style to the more 'pop' sounding songs. Also, the lyrics are kind of descriptive of why I like people that I like. People can ask you what your "type" is but when it comes down to it you're going to like someone for how they make you feel. I think this song does a good job of describing that.




3. LeeSSang - The Girl Who Can't Break Up, Boy Who Can't Leave
I first heard this song when Onew sang it on Sang Sang a long time ago but now I'm in love with the song; it has a reminiscent feeling to it I guess. I listen to it when I don't feel like keeping up with the popular music or whatever. Also it makes me feel kind of sad but in a good way. Like a nice sad. I don't know how to describe it. Anyway i love LeeSSang and this is a classic song and if you get a chance you should also hear Onew's version!


4. E7 - Don't Let You Go
I don't know why this song isn't more popular...honestly out of a lot of kpop songs nowadays I like songs like this more than the popular comebacks. So for a pop song I just really enjoy this one. It feels sincere and it fits a lot of different moods and it's catchy at the same time. Not much more to say.




5. Peacock Green - After All
I actually just heard this today but I think this song is pretty and relaxing. I don't know what genre to call it but I don't think it matters either. It's one of those calm, very musical songs and I just respect Korean underground bands a lot because their music is so authentic and just beautiful. I'm going to look up more from this band because I really really love this one! I am literally listening to it nonstop!


6. Sentimental Scenery - Tune of Stars
This is one of my all time favorite songs and definitely my favorite K-Indie song. It's probably the most popular Sentimental Scenery song and I absolutely love it. The lyrics are whimsical and optimistic and I love the way the song makes me feel. It's beautiful and the instrumentals are outstanding because it IS Sentimental Scenery of course but anyway this song is just like floating on a cloud and it's recovered my mood in a lot of instances. I recommend everyone listen to this even if they aren't an Indie fan.


7. Glen Check - Metro
Glen Check is a recent obsession of mine and this song is my favorite at the moment basically because of the lyrics. "We'll never know the ending we never know" kind of makes me feel like our endings are what we make of them; if we want desperately for something to happen we won't see it any other way. I don't know how to explain it exactly but I kind of connect with this song in the sense that I feel like I am always searching for something but I never find it. My favorite line has to be "searching for the metro heading for the world" because honestly that is how I feel; I want to get out in the world and do things and travel and explore and just learn about the world but I need some sort of path or something to take me there and it's almost like the song is saying that we are trapped by our own ideas of what our 'endings' should be instead of looking at what really truly exists and what is possible for us.


8. Mr. Mr. - Waiting For You
I love this song for its musicality; it has wonderful vocals and the melody is wonderful. It's catchy and I can't get enough of it. It's another one of those kpop songs that I wish had more recognition because honestly it is a lot better than a lot of popular songs these days. I get shivers when they sing up in the registers sometimes hehe. Anyway this song is GREAT!


9. Peppertones - For All Dancers
One of my favorite Peppertones songs and definitely one you HAVE to listen to! I have definitely mentioned it before but I'm including it because I have started to listen to it again this week. It's Korean Indie/Rock? I'm not sure the genre but it's just a fun, very upbeat kind of song. It makes me want to get up and dance so I guess it serves its purpose. Other Peppertones songs are just as good as well!


10. WE - Rainy Days
When it comes to sad songs I am kind of picky but I like this one because the music video is pretty decent and because I love the vocals. Anyway I used to listen to this a lot and I have kind of neglected it lately but it's still a great song. I'm also a fan of WE so I thought I would include it!

No comments:

Post a Comment