Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week of September 1 Song Rec

Oops, I put the wrong date on the last recommendation. Fixed it! Here are five more songs I love!
Sorry for posting this a little early btw! It's technically Sunday but I am going to have a busy day so I thought I would do this now.


1. Wheesung - Over U
This song along with "Insomnia" are my two favorite Wheesung songs. I decided to post this one instead of Insomnia partly because I think more people know of Insomnia and also because Insomnia was originally sung by Craig David so I feel like this song is more original. Anyway, the song seems to me like the speaker is trying to convince himself that he will eventually get over the person he is talking about. I especially love the line (translated) that reads: "The flowers have blossomed beautifully- a beauty overlooked in my obsession for you" which kind of shows that the speaker's life was so focused on loving the girl he speaks about that he didn't 'stop to smell the roses' even, or enjoy the other beautiful aspects of life that would also make him happy. I think it kind of signifies a liberation; he is finally able to be himself and make himself happy without relying on the other person for happiness and I think that is a beautiful thought. I think sometimes we realize after something is gone from our lives that it wasn't actually as great as we thought. Still, the song is sad, so I think it could either show, possibly, the regret for not realizing this earlier or it could show that sometimes losing something or someone can make us feel alone or lost even if it is for the better.
When I found the song, I was going through some rough times in my life, and it was kind of my go-to song when I was sad to comfort me and make me feel like it was okay to be sad. Misery loves company!
Anyway aside from all of that the song is beautiful and Wheesung has a great voice and sound so listen to it!


2. Clazziquai Project - Come To Me
This is kind of one of their old songs but it is always relevant! Honestly I just find this song extremely beautiful and well-done. They don't need anything but the pure instrumental and their voices to make a perfect song. Clazzi has some of the most moving voices, in my opinion. I could listen to them sing all day, in this song especially. I don't think I will ever get bored of listening to this song. I find it often to sneak into my head and calm my spirit. Again, like a lot of Clazzi songs, this one starts out soft and slow and slowly adds more and more layers of sound until it is just a really powerful sound. Gosh, I can't even explain how I feel when I hear this song! It is absolutely PERFECT I cannot even describe. I think sometimes there are no words to describe music.


3. Jinwoon - Walking Toward Me
I absolutely love the way that Jinwoon puts emotion into his singing and his performance. I think, especially in this song, he really shows the fact that he is an artist and not just an idol. I love the falsetto notes in this song and I love what it's saying and if you haven't noticed I am just really a big fan of songs that have a lot of progression and build up and whatnot and this one does. I love the sound as well, it is very beautifully done and the instrumentals are perfect. The melody and the way that he presents the lyrics fit the lyrics perfectly; the way he fluctuates his voice depending on what is being said is very moving. I'm always blown away by this song when I hear it because it is really a powerful song and Jinwoon's vocals are surprisingly a lot less tame than he shows in a lot of 2am songs. I think sometimes they overshadow him but he is a wonderful singer! I kind of like the rocker image better for him than the ballad kpop group image but that's just me! I definitely love this style of Korean rock!


4. Mighty Mouth - Tok Tok
This is my absolute favorite Mighty Mouth song! I love the lyrics; they are extremely adorable and the video is equally cute. I think Mighty Mouth and Soya sound amazing together and to be honest the song is just really cute and fun and when I listen to it I can't help but feel happy. I think when I first discovered this song it was when I was in a phase where I was kind of like ~*~KPOP ONLY~*~ and this song was by a group I wasn't all familiar with but I couldn't help but like it despite that. It really opened my eyes to this style of music. Just an all around good song.


5. DJ Hyo - Can't Erase You
I don't even have any idea how I found this song to be honest, and I'm not usually a techno type person but I absolutely love this song! It's soooo fun and it used to accompany me when studying would get monotonous or when school would be hard to get through. I would turn this on and ignore the hundreds of people in the hallways or the fact that I had hours of shit left to do. I think it's a good mood uplifter and it's extremely catchy! It will now be in your head for the rest of the day muahhaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment