Thursday, July 25, 2013

Balance

I don't know whether to be one of those people who constantly puts themselves out there for their own betterment or to be modest and try to get somewhere on my own.

Because tbh I really hate attention whores and people who use everyone else so that they can achieve what they want. I really hate it when people constantly post pictures of themselves and are super friendly with everyone else just so that people will like them and to get their name out there...

but at the same time if i sit here and am modest about what i can do and don't put myself out there then it's going to be really freaking hard to get somewhere in life and I have no idea how I'm going to make connections and build friendships and whatnot.

I guess it's about balance, but I really don't even know how to find that.

I mean let's say I advertise myself on every social media possible and get a whole bunch of people to follow me and compliment me and whatever the hell they want. Does this mean I am genuinely good at what I do or am I just good at attracting people?

This is what I'm confused about.

I have a deep respect for people who make it on their own but then again I have to wonder how much more successful they'd be if they had advertised themselves more. At the same time it makes them more genuine to be self-made.

So I guess right now I'm in that stage where I really don't know what kind of persona to put on and whether or not I should use the internet to build relationships and gain 'followers' and whatnot or whatever.

Ugh. This is very difficult for me to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment