Thursday, July 4, 2013

we are all hypocrites

Ok I know I've been posting a lot today but I'm kinda bored atm

So I always say "We are all hypocrites" because I think that there is no one human being who has never done something or said something hypocritical in their lifetime.

Buuut I just realized why that is even more true.

People often call out others for doing things that they find annoying or rude or just plain stupid, and then later realize that they do the exact same thing.
For example, I hate when people subtweet me on twitter, but then I realized I do it too.
That makes me a hypocrite right?

Well, is that really a bad thing?
Now that I've realized that I've been doing the same thing, and chastising people for it, I'm either going to a. stop subtweeting or b. stop bothering other people for subtweeting.

So, in a sense, being a hypocrite has taught me to change my ways, thus making me less judgmental of others. It's also made me realize that even though I hate hypocrites, I myself am one, making me EVEN MORE hypocritical. Wow. hypocriception.....

ANYway, so in a weird messed up way, all this hypocrisy exists in the world because people don't realize their own hypocrisy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think that every single person is a hypocrite, but realizing what hypocrisy you are committing is a part of maturing and learning, both things that are completely healthy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that being hypocritical about things is something everyone should do, but I find the concept of "hypocrites" very ironic. And, I think that hypocrisy, like all bad things, is something that we can learn from and grow past.

We all are so quick to call other people hypocrites, but don't take the time to look at our own lives and consider what WE are doing wrong. Doesn't that make us even worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment