Saturday, July 6, 2013

Where in the world am I?

At the moment, I am in Kansas visiting my grandparents...and let me tell you, things are different over here.

It makes me kind of nervous to be here because I am constantly afraid that I will be judged by saying certain things or doing certain things that may be disapproved of. Thankfully, my laptop is kind of a saving grace and my comfort.

I haven't been home in a week, and I quite enjoy being gone; for the first time in years I have literally not wanted to go back. And I don't. Why? I'm not really sure. It might be that I am starting to develop an ability to make any place my home. I think you can really make anywhere feel like home or at least comfortable if you try to, and put some effort to making yourself belong.

So, while I am here I decided I will respect my grandparents' lifestyle, though much slower paced and a lot more traditional than my own, and I am going to do my best to make myself feel at home. I know they care for me a lot and I am really happy to be getting away from all the stressful things waiting for me back in Texas.

Since I spent today on the road I did a lot of thinking and whatnot like most humans do but my thoughts were so jumbled and annoying that I'm just going to try to let them go. I will say, however that me and my Dad are very, very, alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment