Saturday, December 28, 2013

Attention

I think my problem is that I desperately want attention but I generally am not "attention-seeking." I like to think I am a good listener, but sometimes I wish people would be the same for me. I always feel guilty for talking about myself, and I honestly care more about my friends' situations as well but I think it's caused my friends to take advantage of that. Even if they offend me I let it slide, laugh it off, but I always worry soo much about making sure I don't offend them. I just wish that other people would consider me before they said things so easily.

It's like, I'll be talking to a friend, and somehow, a conversation about my life or something that happened to me flips around quickly to be a conversation about the other person, and  a very long one. It's like, something dramatic happens to me and I want to tell someone and they make it about them. This sounds pretentious but it's actually really true..I feel like with almost every situation I have, my friends will turn it around and say things like "At least it's not as bad as my situation blah blah" or "Oh that reminds me of my situation blah blah" and then I end up giving feedback about their life.

It's really caused me to not talk about myself whatsoever with people which isn't really healthy but I can't stand being ignored like that I just find it kind of rude...
But the problem is then people I talk to don't even /consider/ the fact that things happen to me and think my life is simple and easy and that really really bothers me because it isn't, at all, and I have problems just like them I just don't /talk/ about them all the time.

So yeah, I know I'm incredibly selfish and rude but the thing is I do care about what my friends are saying, it's not that at all..it's just that I don't feel like anyone really thinks of me, wonders how I am doing, asks about my life...

I'm so easily walked over and it bothers me soo much but I let it happen...


No comments:

Post a Comment