Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reply 1994 1-15 Thoughts

spoilers and stuff


I really like the Reply series because everything is a lot more realistic and the characters are more true to themselves. Like, love / romance isn't as easy as most dramas make it out to be, nor does it happen immediately or anything like that. But anyway the one thing that I don't like is that they aren't really giving anyone but Trash a chance..

Like, she definitely likes Trash. But I've seen hardly any indication that she has even been swayed by Chil Bong. Like, after he kissed her she didn't freak out or anything, and when he says things like "II took this class to see you" and asks to eat with her she just gets annoyed and leaves. Like, Trash is the only one on her mind. The only time she really seemed to care about Chil Bong as more than a friend was when she was worried that he was hurt when the building collapsed, but even then, she probably would have reacted the same way for any close friend. The point is that she doesn't seem to ever even /think/ about Chil Bong or consider him..like she doesn't talk to Yoon Jin about him and they never show flashbacks of her thoughts that include him, like she is literally always thinking about Trash...

So tbh, it's going to be really hard for them to 180 turn this around and make her end up with Chil Bong. If that happens, I think I'll probably be happy, because I feel bad for him..he's so sweet and cute and happy and really good for her but Trash gets in the way because he's known her for so long that he is able to understand her. I don't think it's that Trash is better for her, I just think he knows more about her and has learned how to deal with her, whereas Chil Bong has to put more effort into it.

Also, the sad thing is that Haitai is my favorite character and he is totally my type and I feel like he and Na Jeong should be together even though I know that is definitely not going to happen. I feel like Haitai really cares for her and is able to show it when he needs to. He also has the patience to deal with her and doesn't really make a big deal about the mistakes she made. When he carried her home from the protest and put toothpaste underneath her eyes I practically died because it was so adorable. Also, when he was asking Trash if he liked Na Jeong, it kind of felt like he was doing it because he genuinely wants Na Jeong to be happy. But like, Chil Bong and Trash are more concerned about themselves...

Trash wouldn't date her because he felt like their relationship was too close and it was uncomfortable for him to deal with what people would say, and then he only decided to date her once finding out that Chil Bong likes her because he didn't want her to be with someone else. That really pissed me off because she hurt for so long because of him and only when he was threatened by another man did he do anything about it. Then Chil Bong, seeing her happy with Trash, still threatens him by saying he's coming back for her sometime. It just annoys me. I don't think either of them at this point deserve to be with her.

I liked Trash at first when he wasn't being such an asshole but lately he's being annoying and I don't like his aegyo.

Also Samcheonpo and Yoon Jin are adorable together and oh my god one of their conversations made me really happy because he asked her why she likes Seo Taiji so much and she explained it to him, while hugging him so it was like, sure, she's in love with this idol singer guy and sure, she cries over him and spends time fangirlling over him but her boyfriend is still #1 in her heart just in a different way, you know? I totally relate ahaha. I don't think that's something that the boyfriend will fully understand but it's definitely true ^^

Anyway my main worry is that Na Jeong's husband is Trash...I mean, with 15 episodes of Trash/Na Jeong moments what is a mere 3 more going to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment