Sunday, August 4, 2013

Angry Hanna

This summer I have spent a majority of my time taking care of my younger siblings or staying home because my family wants me to. My parents even gave me a 10:00 curfew and I have been good about it since.

I love my family and don't get me wrong I'm glad that I have the privilege to see them and spend time with them but to be honest I'm tired of the mental, physical and emotional toll it takes on me.

"When do you move in?" "Have you paid your tuition?" "When is your rent due?" "Have they given you a room yet?" "Hanna can you play with me?" "Hanna let's watch an anime tonight" "Hanna, can I sleep in your room tonight?" "Hanna can you drive me here?" "Hanna can you buy me a candy?" "Where is this?" "Where is that?" "Can you help me find something?" "Have you seen the cat?" "Where are the programs?" "Where do I sit?" "What do I do with this?" "Where should I put this?" "Are you excited for school?" "I'll leave this to you since I don't know what to do about it" "I'm so glad you're here to take care of this"

Right now, all I want is a break. I want to go get coffee with a friend and not think about all this stuff but noooo, I have to be the responsible one while my parents go on a nice vacation together. This means I have to take care of my younger siblings yet again.

I just did this two weeks ago in Kansas for ten days.
Then I did this when we came home and my parents worked for a while.
And then for my sister's wedding, I handled like eight people asking me where the god damn programs were and I'm just really tired.

I don't know everything and I don't have to take care of everything. I don't want to and I am not responsible enough to do it.

I'm sorry I'm not interested in hearing about your life right now, or answering all your curiosities about mine but please let me relax. I haven't had an opportunity to have fun for myself all summer.

I think maybe I deserve it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment