Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Nail Polish Rant

I'm really frustrated right now because I don't see why it is so utterly impossible to find a non-sheer light colored polish.

Recently I wanted to do a look that included a light pink but required the pink to be opaque so I went to the drug store to find one and I came across Maybelline's Color Show summer collection that includes the color "Born With it" which looks something like this:

I had already bought the grey-ish "Audacious Asphalt" which I absolutely /love/ so I thought hey why not this is perfect.

But it's TERRIBLE! Even with a coat of white under, it requires sooo many layers until your polish is so thick if you brush your nail against anything even hours after it's dried it will leave an indention. Not what I wanted at all!

I've been looking everywhere for an opaque light pink and I just can't find one. It makes no sense to me...Why can I find an opaque yellow or white or gray but I can't find light blue or light pink!

I figured with the name "Color Show" that the color would actually freaking show up but noooo it takes so many coats ugh! Not happy.

And then there's the light blue.
I love Sally Hansen's XTreme series mainly because they go on so nicely and you really only need one coat and the colors come out beautifully with any top coat so I thought maybe I could trust that brand for a light blue.

However once I bought it I realized how sheer it is and was kind of pissed because the color (Breezy Blue, I think it is called) is absolutely beautiful:

but to get it to show up requires coat after coat after coat and ugh I just don't have the patience.

Idk I'm just annoyed because I love doing nail designs and it's so inconvenient to find colors that don't go on well and I really like the way sheer polishes look if you just want plain one color manis but for designs and such I just want the same color in an opaque nail polish and I have no idea why the hell that is so hard to find.

There are so many brands and sooo many different colors around lately but I feel like it's all the same; certain colors can only be found in sheer polishes.

If I ever find a light pink or blue like the colors above that aren't sheer I am going to cry, seriously.

Anyway this is the design I ended up doing:


Please ignore the fact that I didn't clean them up yet hahaha but anyway. I think I could have a more clear design if the colors weren't so annoyingly sheer.

/end rant

No comments:

Post a Comment