Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week of Aug 18 Song Rec

I've been a little busy buuut here are 5 new songs I want to recommend. These songs mean a lot to me, so even though I'm not writing a whole bunch about them know that they are some of my favorite songs and I appreciate them and value them dearly.



1. 검정치마 - Love Song
I think this group translates to "Black Skirts" but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, this is one of my favorite songs by them and I especially love the lyrics, "Hey, let your bright light shine on me. Can you love me unconditionally and sing a million lullabies on a sleepy day," because they make me think of a really sweet, innocent relationship where love is unconditional and romantic and *sighs* it's just cute to think of. Then the next line, "Hey let your sea breeze on me when I'm sailing internationally and whisper all your prayers on a stormy day," makes me think of a love that spreads across all distances, the type of love where you think of each other and pray for each other despite not being able to see each other. Anyway so this song is just one of those cute ones I like to listen to when I'm feeling calm.


2. Nell - 기억을 걷는 시간
I've seen too many translations of this title so I'm just going to write the Hangul haha. Anyway I cannot express to you enough how much I love Nell and Nell's songs. They were composed beautifully and the sound the group has is perfect. What I love most about this one is the progression. It starts out slow and soft, with only a couple musical voices, and progresses more and more until it's just an extremely powerful sound...it's one of those songs that you can listen to when you're sad and by the end of the song you'll be inspired and feel refreshed, renewed almost...It's a long song but I don't ever realize how much time has gone by when listening to it. Ugh I don't even know how to put how I feel about this song into words.



3. MBLAQ - One
This is one of my favorite MBLAQ songs because I love the way their voices compliment each other. The song just honestly makes me extremely happy and I love singing along at the top of my lungs and just kind of dancing around when I'm alone. It's just the perfect song to boost your mood or inspire you. It's also one that makes me feel kind of flirty tbh. hahhaa moving on...



4. Kim Bo Kyung - It Hurts
God, I love this song. This song is one that was there for me for the couple months I was extremely depressed. It's sooo powerful and a good thing to listen to kind of channel all your negative emotions and it's very theraputic. I used to listen to it a couple times in a row as kind of a catharsis of sorts. Anyway Kim Bo Kyung has a beautiful voice and I love the way she puts emotion into this song. It's really perfect.



5. Dalmatian - Really Really & Lost In Love
I couldn't choose between these two songs because I love them equally! When I first began to branch out from being a Shawol and VIP I heard about Dalmatian's debut and checked their album out and fell in love with these two songs in particular. I really, really miss this side of Dalmatian and kind of wish they would return to the concept from this album. Don't get me wrong, I love their more fierce, dark, sexy image but these two songs have stayed some of my favorites for years. I still listen to them and never get bored. They are great mood-lifters and just all around beautiful songs. You can't help but be addicted to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment