Wednesday, August 28, 2013

first day of class

I try to avoid just talking about my life because no one really gives a shit about that kind of stuff but here goes

I woke up at 6:30 thinking "oh my GOD i'm late" but then realizing the time I went back to sleep and woke up again at about 9:30, got ready for class and left at 10:30. I got to class like twenty minutes early which surprised me because the other day when I was finding all my classes it took me twenty minutes to get there, not just ten but whatever! So I sat outside the classroom and was very sweaty because it's like 100 degrees outside today and didn't really talk to anyone until I got inside and this girl next to me introduced herself and that was nice but then the prof. told the M408L kids (being me) that we were in the wrong classroom and it got moved so a bunch of us had to go to an entirely different building but it was okay because that's the Business building and I'm a Business student so I kind of like that better plus it's closer to where I live so no twenty or ten minute walk or whatever but anyway this is a run on sentence that should probably stop. So our professor was with us and we were all like ten minutes late to class and there was this huge group of people waiting or whatever but anyway I found a seat in the front (Thank God I learn better up front) and it was nice but there was a huge douchebag next to me who refused to take notes and made snarky comments all the time which pissed me off like why do you have to be an asshole on the first day and mock the poor professor who didn't know much English it seemed and was this young Korean guy who was really adorable and it was his first day too poor guy and then this dude next to me is like sighing really loud and making mean comments and I wanted so badly to tell him to "please shut the fuck up :-)" but I don't want to be a bitch so I just rolled my eyes or whatever but anyway. So that class was kind of awkward and not organized real well but then it ended and I went to the Student Activity Center to get some Starbucks and eat my PBJ I made this morning and that was cool I just sat alone eating and tweeting or whatever nbd.

Then I went to Microeconomics which was a lot more structured and I also got a seat up front which was great and my professor seems cool he's kinda old and funny and has a nerdy voice so I think we'll get along and that class was fine tbh. I saw an incredible attractive Asian boy across the room in a hat which UNF but yeah anyway not important. I wanted to introduce myself to my professor but got too shy so I just kinda walked away. OH and when I was entering the classroom I totally tripped down the stairs which was kinda funny but I'm chill so I just kind of ignored it like whatever oops.

Then I went to CVS because my throat aches and got some cough drops and new headbands because headbands are totally my thing right now I love them to death so yeah now I have three new ones which is a \o/ YAY! kind of thing.

So yeah.

I've only been in Austin for like 4? days and I already love it here.

I love that it's so diverse; everywhere you go there are different kinds of people and no one is weird about it. The other day I saw a man in a bra and a skirt with his face painted like a mime and no one was looking at him funny at all. I love the fact that I have to walk everywhere because 1. I'm going to get tanner and maybe thinner this way and 2. I get to observe things more closely and it's really nice because I love to just be in this crowd of people all going somewhere and not feel awkward it's just cool.

I also really love the variety of things I can do here. Yesterday I met with a friend and played frisbee for like an hour and a half and it was fun and really nice and I got better and tbh I just think stuff like that is important in life like these little things we do with friends that don't seem to mean much. Because without them we would be boring and you kind of need spontaneous things in your life or else it's not going to be fun.

My only problem currently is that I have some things I need to get and things I need to do but I'm kind of not used to the environment completely yet so I feel kind of awkward doing some things so I've been putting them off but I'll get through it.

I'm really enjoying college life and I'm so glad I'm here at this school. I don't think I would feel comfortable anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment