Saturday, August 31, 2013

Week of August 25 Song Rec

So I'm kind of sick as hell and my roommate is gone for the weekend so I'm a bit lonely but I tried not to let that reflect how I chose songs to recommend. I kind of like doing this song recommendation thing because I can reminisce about old songs I like and analyze them and kind of think about what they meant to me back then and what they mean to me now and it's really fun. But anyway, here are 5 songs that I find to be very well done.


1. Avicii - Wake Me Up
Yesterday my sister showed me this song and I've been listening to it like crazy because it's really just a good song! I love the beat and the sound and the guy's voice and especially the lyrics. "So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older. All this time I was finding myself and I didn't know I was lost." I think that is just a perfect way to express life, as kind of a blind journey through things not knowing who you are or what kind of person you are but also not realizing that this ignorance. I think it makes a lot of sense, that we kind of "wake up" when it's all over, when we're older and understand more, and we realize what all of our past choices and experiences mean. So I like this song because it's just really true and it makes me feel a lot less worried about my future.


2. Taru - 네가 있으면 좋겠다
I'm a fan of a lot of Taru's songs but this one is hands down my favorite. It's an OST for the drama "I'm a Flower, Too" which is one of my favorite dramas as well, so maybe that's the reason that the song stuck with me so much but in addition I think it's a beautiful and romantic song. The chorus in particular says things like, "As much as I hurt, love me," and such and I think that describes the couple in the drama perfectly; they went through so much pain because of each other but loved each other even more after and I really like the idea that in a relationship, though you might cause each other pain you make up for it through love. I think that is an important way to keep a relationship strong. Also, this song has a beautiful melody and whenever I listen to it I feel calmed and reassured, like you should in a relationship. So that's I guess why I recommended this song, its sound matches the lyrics and they're both really beautiful.


3. Daesung - Wings
This is one of those songs that you don't skip when it comes on, no matter what mood you're in. I'm not a very optimistic person but this song is so optimistic and it just really pumps me up! It's talking about a break up, and how "it's okay so just cry louder" and I just think of it as a really good way to think of things when they don't go how you want them to. Instead of hanging your head low and being sad or upset, just kind of let it all out and look at the positive things around you, find what's beautiful about the night and make that your motivation to get through it. In addition I think Daesung is an extremely talented vocalist and while I love Bigbang and their style I'm glad he got to do something that fits him so well.


4. JYJ - Long Way
A lot or most of JYJ's songs really speak to me, but this one in particular. Every time I hear it I instantly feel better and it drives me to move on in any situation. It's basically a song saying that as long as we keep going, keep following the long path in front of us, we'll eventually see our dreams again. So it's in a sense a song about not giving up on yourself, not lying to yourself, promising not to forget your dreams and aspirations no matter what happens. I find that extremely commendable and I want to be the type of person who never strays away from who I want to be even if I don't know exactly where I am going with life. "I'm walking forward yeah my long way long way..." JYJ's voices, the sound, the lyrics, everything about this song is just absolutely perfect!


5. TRAX - Blind
So this is one of those longing-for-love, one-sided love kind of songs and I guess the reason I love it is because I can kind of feel the desperation through his voice and the way the song progresses and whatnot. It's about the one he loves being blind to his love and not looking at him, and in a way he blames himself. I can kind of sympathize with this song because I have also been in this situation before and it really sucks, but all in all I just really love the emotion that is put into this song and I think TRAX is a very talented k-rock group that doesn't get enough credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment