Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Please

I just want to be appreciated.

Why do I even try, when all I get in return is sarcasm and fake friends.

I make a real effort to be someone's friend and they treat me like some upgraded form of a third wheel. Ok, so I cater to your schedule. That doesn't mean I have no life and you can use me to hang out with you whenever you're bored. It means I care enough to try to adjust my schedule to yours.

No one will do that for me.

So I sit at home for a week saying no to my friends when they ask to hang out. That doesn't mean I have no social life or that I'm rude it means I care enough about my family to sit at home with them when they need it.

Yet none of them are willing to be there for me.

I try really hard to somehow relate myself to your conversations so I don't bore you. I don't care if I come off ass trying too hard because it just shows that I'm making an effort to be someone you can talk to.

I just want to do something for me once, so I'm planning a dinner for my birthday.

Is that so wrong?

Do I still have to cater to everyone's schedules and please them with where we go? I don't understand why this is so hard. I'm not a bad person and I try really hard to be friendly and easy to get along with.

And what is the result?
I'm still alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment